The chat room is a tool for socializing. It is accessible here. Wiki discussion, however, should be held.
Chat users agree not to:
- Harass any other members of the wiki or say something that could put them down
- Spam or post links with explicit content
- Use explicit language or make references to offensive or inappropriate topics
- Impersonate any other person or celebrity
- Cause unnecessary drama or arguments
- Ask for personal information (address, password, etc.) of anyone who is uncomfortable giving it out
Chat moderators may enforce other policies on chat as they see fit. These include but are not limited to:
- Common sense. If there is something which you know may upset or anger someone, do not do it. If you have any questions, it is always better to ask an admin or moderator before proceeding.
- Avoid spamming the chat which may cause other users' chats to lag.
- Speaking in sentences that people can understand using proper English.
- Including everybody in the conversation.
Chat policies are enforced by chat moderators and admins. A list of these users is available on the Admin's page.
- Verbal warnings are issued when a policy is first broken unless the offense is blatant. If the user leaves chat before such a warning notice may be issued by a moderator on the user's message wall using the template .
- Kicks are given if the policy break continues, during which the user will be removed from chat but allowed to return immediately.
- Bans occur when the user has refused to listen to the warning and/or kick and continues to arouse trouble in chat. They may or may not be preceded by a warning or kick as they are at the full discretion of the moderator.
- Chat moderators must specify the reason and duration for each ban on the user's message wall using the template . Bans with unspecified reasons or durations may be lifted.
If there is contention about the ban, banned users may reply directly to the ban notice they receive upon being removed from chat. If the issue cannot be fully addressed there, the banned user may post on the Admin's Board explaining the situation and why they feel the ban was unjust.